June 19, 2009

Welcome Neighbor!

I had way too much fun putting together a gift for my new neighbor (sorry 'old' new neighbors Ü - I'm new to this. Please forgive the lack of cookies on your doorstep after you moved in.)

Anywho, I decided to make some butterscotchies because I thought they looked like a little pile of giraffe spots. hehe. Ü I'd show you a picture - but the rest of them were devoured before I could whip my camera out.

The sentiment inside the card read: "Welcome to the neighborhood - we hope you stay a long time!" Ü (ok, please tell me somebody gets the pun here - *crickets chirp* - blast. giraffe . . . long . . . anybody?) Well, I hope at least the neighbors got it, and if not, I hope they at least enjoyed the cookies. lol. Ü I also included the recipe so they could make them themselves if they wanted and also so that they would know that there's peanut butter in them in case somebody has a little peanut allergy. Ü

Giraffe Spot Cookies (aka Butterscotchies)

1/2 C Peanut Butter
1 - 11 oz pkg Butterscotch chips
6 C corn flakes
melting chocolate

Melt peanut butter with butterscotch chips over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in corn flakes. Spoon heaps onto wax paper and allow to dry (I use a cookie scoop so that all my cookies are roughly the same size). Melt chocolate in a squeeze bottle and drizzle chocolate over the cookies (can be done before or after they dry). Enjoy!!

No comments: